Arlene’s on Asbury is now offering a membership-only dinner club at its restaurant located at 624 Asbury Avenue.
Members of Arlene’s Dinner Club will be able to dine at the restaurant on Thursday through Sunday evenings from 5–8:30 p.m. Arlene’s will offer a wide array of appetizers, salads, and dinner entrees for members to enjoy. Since this is a membership-only dinner club, dining guests are able to bring their favorite bottle of wine or craft beer along with them to enjoy alongside their meal.
Some of the delectable culinary dishes you’ll find on the Arlene’s Dinner Club menu include prime rib, Paul’s famous crab cake, chicken Marsala, shrimp scampi, salmon, and other delicious entrees.
Ready to sign up and become a member of the new Arlene’s Dinner Club? Contact the Arlene’s team at (609) 399-3639 for more details or stop by the restaurant to grab your membership today!
The Ocean City Historical Museum announced today that it has joined the Blue Star Museum Program.
The Blue Star Museum Program offers active duty military members and their family members free admission into participating museums and cultural centers. The Ocean City Historical Museum will initiate its participation in the program on Saturday, May 18, 2019, which is Armed Forces Day, and free admission for active duty military members, veterans, and their family members will continue through Labor Day, Monday, September 2, 2019.
If you have yet to explore the Ocean City Historical Museum or haven’t been there in a while, be sure to stop by for a visit.
The Ocean City Historical Museum is located at the Ocean City Community Center at 1735 Simpson Avenue.
On Sunday, May 12, treat Mom to some fun and entertainment on her special day in and around Ocean City.
From dining to shopping, the options are wide and varied, but all are great ways to show your mother just how much you care. Here are some ideas to help you start the brainstorming process:
- Shopping Along Asbury Avenue: Many moms would love to spend their special day shopping and Asbury Avenue offers a great stretch of stores in which she can indulge in a shopping excursion. Some of the spots you may want to pop into include Stainton’s, Seagrass Boutique, Artisan Body Products, Sunsmiles Sandals and Beachwear, She’z the Boss, Ta-Dah, and many more!
- Stroll the Boardwalk: Take Mom up to the boardwalk for a day of strolling, shopping, dining, and entertainment. The Ocean City boardwalk offers a great spot to take part in many different Mother’s Day activities throughout the day. Bring her into Marty’s and Henry’s for some Mother’s Day shopping, which she is sure to enjoy.
- Mini-Golf the Day Away: As summer quickly approaches, more and more shops and activity spots are opening their doors, including mini-golf locations. Bring Mom to Congo Falls Adventure Golf at 1132 Boardwalk for some mini-golf fun.
- Amusement Rides for the Adventurous Mom: If your mother is the adventurous type, bring her to Gillian’s Wonderland Pier on Mother’s Day where all moms ride for free on Sunday, May 12.
- Dine Out This Mother’s Day: Many moms just want a day off from cooking on Mother’s Day and if this sounds just about right, make sure Mom doesn’t have to lift a finger in the kitchen on Sunday. Many spots in and around Ocean City are offering brunch, lunch, and dinner options for Mother’s Day, including Greate Bay Country Club in Somers Point, Jon and Patty’s, OC Surf Cafe, and more.
- Wine Tasting in South Jersey: For the wine-loving moms out there, wine sipping throughout South Jersey is an option. Various wineries throughout South Jersey (a short drive from Ocean City) will be offering wine specials, complimentary tastings, and other fun things for your mother to enjoy. Each winery will offer something different on this special day. Some of the winery options include Hawk Haven Vineyard and Winery, Balic Winery, and White Horse Winery.
However you choose to celebrate Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 12, just make it a beautiful and relaxing day. Happy Mother’s Day!
The Ocean City Cafe will be opening its second location in the coming weeks at the Pavilion Motor Lodge, located at 8th Street and Atlantic Avenue.
This sensational dining staple will be taking over the spot at The Seahorse Grill next to the Pavilion Motor Lodge and will be serving up exceptional breakfast, lunch, and dinner offerings to the Ocean City crowds. In addition to offering dine-in meals, the Ocean City Cafe will also be providing room service options for guests at the Pavilion Motor Lodge.
If you haven’t had the pleasure of dining at Ocean City Cafe (yet!), some of the culinary items you may find gracing the menu include French toast with fresh strawberries and blueberries, eggs Benedict, garden omelet, grilled chicken salad, a variety of sandwiches and wraps, chicken parmesan, shrimp scampi, Angus burgers, grilled tilapia, and so much more!
Congratulations to the Ocean City Cafe team on their second location! If you’re already craving Ocean City Cafe menu offerings and can’t wait until the new spot opens, be sure to visit the current location at 846 Central Avenue for all of their delicious culinary items.
Photos credit: Ocean City Cafe
The school year will be over before we know it and you’re probably starting to think about what activities your kids would like to do throughout the summer. The Ocean City Recreation Department offers a wide array of summer recreation programs your kids are sure to love.
Registration will begin at 9 a.m. on May 1 for an extensive amount of summer camps and programs in Ocean City. From sports camps to ecological camps, your kids will have plenty of options as to activities to fill their summer days. Here are some of the options you’ll find on the Ocean City summer program list:
- Soccer camp
- Basketball camp
- Skateboard camp and lessons
- Tennis camp
- Theater camp
- Pageant camp
- Bayside Center camps
- Dance camp
- And so much more!
Ocean City even offers unique learning camps, such as the Ocean City Jr. Firefighter Camp and Ocean City Police Department Youth Camp, where kids can learn what it’s like to be a firefighter and a police officer in Ocean City. The campers will go through a wide array of activities during the weeklong camps and experience firsthand all of the wonderful things which our first responders do on a daily basis.
Starting May 1, you can register for the summer recreation programs in Ocean City. Registration can be done in-person at the Ocean City Sports and Civic Center (6th Street and Boardwalk) or at the Ocean City Aquatic and Fitness Center (17th Street and Simpson Avenue). You can also register for these camps online.
Now is a great time to start planning kid’s activities for the summer and Ocean City offers plentiful options to do just that!
Twice a year, Ocean City holds its extremely popular block party event. This year’s Spring Block Party will unfold on Saturday, May 4, from 9 a.m.–5 p.m., and take place along Asbury Avenue, between 5th and 14th Streets.
More than 350 craft vendors will have vendor tables lined up along Asbury Avenue, offering their unique products for sale to the crowd. In addition, Ocean City Spring Block Party attendees will be able to enjoy delicious food offerings of a wide array, live music and entertainment, kid’s activities, and so much more!
The vendor tables you’ll be able to peruse during the Ocean City Spring Block Party offer eclectic items, ranging from handmade jewelry to eye-catching clothing items to exquisite home decor pieces. Each vendor will offer something completely different and you are bound to find exactly what you are searching for during the block party, whether its a piece of jewelry, garden decor item or some other must-have offering.
The block party is free to attend, but you’ll probably see quite a bit of tempting items you’ll want to purchase as you stroll along Asbury Avenue so you may want to bring some spending cash with you!
Don’t miss this exceptional bi-annual event, as it’s a great way to come together with the community and support craft vendors at the same time by purchasing their unique and creative items.
Ocean City is experiencing many new restaurant and store openings these days and the latest fabulous spot to hit the new opening list is women’s clothing and accessories boutique, Love Obsessed.
With three boutiques already in operation in Pennsylvania (Quakertown, Souderton, and Lansdale), the Love Obsessed team is not new to the fashion industry. What started out as a home-based business in 2012 with jewelry sales on an Etsy site later progressed to a flagship store in Quakertown. After that initial store opening, two more boutique locations were established. Now, Love Obsessed is hitting the downtown Ocean City area with a shop set to open up in the near future at 409 8th Street.
Love Obsessed will offer exceptional customer service and an eclectic array of women’s clothing and accessories to the Ocean City shopping crowds which can best be described as a boho/beach chic style. Some of the fashionable finds will include trendsetting tank tops, dresses, jean shorts, t-shirts, strappy sandals, purses, bracelets, necklaces, and so much more! Whether searching for a casual outfit to wear to an upcoming barbecue or looking for a more formal ensemble for a night out, Love Obsessed will have you covered. The items you’ll find at Love Obsessed will be unique, affordable, and hard to resist.
You can grab a sneak peek at Love Obsessed items via the Facebook and Instagram pages.
Look for the latest Ocean City boutique to open up around Memorial Day and get ready to welcome Love Obsessed to town!
Photos credit: Love Obsessed