Although it may not feel as if spring is quickly approaching with all of the recent snow episodes and cold weather, don’t worry, because it is! The first day of spring on March 20 is right around the corner and many dining and shopping establishments are preparing for warmer weather by already having reopened their doors for the season, hosting fall and winter item sales, and planning for their seasonal opening with excitement and wonderful features for their patrons! Here are some of the latest dining and shopping happenings taking place around Ocean City, and a few on the mainland, too:
- B&B Department Store: The final winter sale is going on now at B&B Department Store, located at 827 Asbury Avenue, from 10 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday, March 9, and Sunday, March 10.
- Linwood Farmers Market: The popular Linwood Farmers Market at 199 New Road in Linwood will be hosting its six-week spring season farmers market event on Saturdays from April 6–May 11, from 9 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Kessel’s Korner: Are you a big fan of Kessel’s Korner milkshakes and extensive menu filled with delicious culinary bites? Then, get excited, as Kessel’s Korner, located at 2760 Asbury, reopens for the season on Thursday, March 14.
- Badfish Charters: For those who can’t wait to throw out a line and do some relaxing fishing in the waters surrounding Ocean City, now is the perfect time to book your charter fishing trip with Badfish Charters. Captain Brian Williams offers fishing charters, nature tours, and more. The season starts on May 1, so book your fishing adventure today before the slots start to fill up.
- Briana: Briana, a women’s boutique at 199 New Road in Linwood, is making room for new seasonal items and is having a sale on women’s winter shoes. You’ll find eye-catching winter shoes for $49, and they’ve even added a $20 rack for further savings! While you’re there, explore the lovely clothing and accessory items which Briana offers.
- Island Gypsy: In less than two weeks, Island Gypsy will open its doors for the season and continue offering its lovely women’s apparel and accessory items to the Ocean City shopping crowd.
These are a few of the Ocean City happenings taking place in the very near future. Know of other soon-to-reopen spots? Leave a comment below and help get the word out on these fabulous local businesses.