It’s Easter weekend and Ocean City is filled with residents and visitors alike, celebrating with their families and enjoying this special holiday weekend.
From dining offerings to kid’s activities, you’ll find plenty of options to fill your Easter weekend with fun. Here are some of the events and offerings taking place in Ocean City this weekend:
Easter Egg Hunt (April 20)
If the weather cooperates, bring your kids to the Ocean City beach today, Saturday, April 20, for the annual Easter egg hunt, which begins promptly at 2:30 p.m. The egg hunt will take place from 11th Street through 14th Street, with a different age group at each beach: 0-2 years and 3 years (11th Street); 4 and 5 years (12th Street); 6 and 7 years (13th Street); and, special needs children (14th Street). If necessary, a rain date of April 21 has been reserved. For further information, call 1-800-BEACH-NJ.
Easter Weekend Dining
Plenty of Ocean City establishments are opening their doors to the public for the season this weekend, if they haven’t done so already, and offering dining options for the crowds to enjoy. There may even be some spots where a visit with the Easter bunny will be taking place:
- Yianni’s Cafe: Visit Yianni’s Cafe today, Saturday, April 20, from 8 a.m.-noon, for Breakfast with the Bunny. Yianni’s is located at 841 Asbury Avenue.
- Spoon and Sip: The Easter bunny will be hopping down to 838 Asbury Avenue later today (April 20) to Spoon and Sip for Frozen Yogurt with the Bunny from 2-4 p.m.
- Varsity Inn: Enjoy Easter Sunday breakfast with the Easter bunny at 9 a.m. at the Varsity Inn.
- Dockside Kitchen: Dockside Kitchen is now open for the season and serving brunch today from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Even better? Dockside Kitchen is offering a Washout Special today only (due to the rain) and offering 10% off of your dining check!
- Mallon’s: Mallon’s Homemade Sticky Buns is open and will be serving up its sensational sticky buns and other sweet treats. Stop by this weekend from 7 a.m.-3 p.m. and grab some delicious baked goods.
Easter Sunday Sunrise Service
Begin your Easter Sunday by taking part in the Sunrise Service, a non-denominational worship service to be held at the Ocean City Music Pier at 6:30 a.m. All are welcome to join in on this service by the sea.
S(hopping) Around Town
Easter weekend means that many shops are now open for the season. Stroll around town and visit the various stores in the downtown area, on the boardwalk, and throughout the entire city. Here are some spots to visit this weekend:
- Pumpkinbuds: Pumpkinbuds in Stainton’s at 810 Asbury Avenue will be offering 20% off of your purchase through April 21. The shop is open from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Hoys 5 & 10: Grab all of your Easter necessities at Hoys 5 & 10 this weekend.
- Henry’s: Visit one or both of Henry’s locations on the Ocean City boardwalk (9th Street and 12th Street) for Ocean City-themed apparel and exquisite jewelry items.
- Island Gypsy: Island Gypsy at 760 Asbury Avenue is now open for the season and is a great spot to scoop up all of your favorite women’s boutique clothing items.
Have a wonderful weekend in Ocean City!