As you stroll along Asbury Avenue in Ocean City, you’ll find intriguing stores and restaurants of a wide array. These individual shops offer exceptional culinary treats and products throughout the year, but there are definitely certain items which you simply must purchase ASAP!
Here are some spots to visit on Asbury Avenue and some must-have items to purchase at each place:
- Soma Cafe: The beet salad, with its fresh ingredients of pickled red beets, dried apricots, spiced sunflower seeds, and homemade honey lemon whipped goat cheese is a refreshing culinary bite to enjoy any day of the week.
- Colette: Summer slip dresses and other light and airy numbers pack the Colette inventory. These lovely dresses are perfect for date night or a night out on the town with friends.
- Rauhauser’s: Pop into Rauhauser’s for their limited-time-only chocolate-covered blueberries. These are available for just a few short weeks so now is the time to stock up on these farm-fresh sweets.
- She’z the Boss: In addition to offering eye-catching clothing and accessory items, She’z the Boss stocks an eclectic array of artisan culinary products, such as Cape May Peanut Butter Co. products, Divino olive oil and balsamic vinegar, Gourmet Village barbecue sauce, and Phillips marinated mushrooms, to name a few options.
- Wards Pastry: Two words: butter cake. This perfectly sweet treat will have you coming back to Wards Pastry on a continual basis to stock up on this delicious anytime dessert.
- Drip N’ Scoop: Two sweet treat items that go perfectly together are waffles and ice cream. Head to Drip N’ Scoop on Asbury Avenue to cure your craving for this delectable dessert!
- Jay’s Crab Shack: Nothing says “summer” quite like a freshly-prepared crab cake sandwich from Jay’s Crab Shack. Enjoy a jumbo lump grilled crab cake sandwich accompanied by Old Bay fries and delicious coleslaw.
- SunSmiles Sandals and Beachwear: You’re sure to enjoy rave reviews regarding your summer outfit when you wear customized sandals from SunSmiles Sandals and Beachwear. You can design your sandals according to your individual taste and style!
These are just a few of the shops and restaurants to visit on Asbury Avenue. Take your time exploring all that this wonderful shopping and dining area has to offer in Ocean City!
Beet salad photo credit: Soma Cafe