Let’s be honest. Labor Day weekend is tough. It’s the end of the unofficial summer and a time when many kids are getting ready to head back to school. Basically, it’s a bummer! But, don’t be sad, because with Labor Day weekend comes end-of-season sales and the opportunity to grab your last bite of seasonal shore food. Plus, in addition to year-round residents looking forward to “locals summer,” it’s also a time for visitors and seasonal homeowners to enjoy the bevy of activities which occur throughout Ocean City during the fall season.
So, what can you look forward to this weekend? Plenty!
Sales and Specials Galore
As the summer season is nearing its end, many stores are putting their inventory on sale and clearance. Some of the not-to-be-missed sale spots and offerings include the following:
- Hoy’s 5 & 10: 30-40% off marked price items throughout the store
- Salty Seahorse: 20% off beach totes, hats and Ayala Bar products
- Henry’s: Free gift with $100 purchase of Dune Jewelry
- Harbor Outfitters: Bote Board blowout sale! $200-$500 off, depending on board style.
- Seagrass Boutique: At the Linwood and Ocean City shops, Seagrass Boutique will be hosting its Labor Day sale with 20% off throughout the entire store.
Seasonal Last Bites
Okay, so whether you live in Ocean City year-round, own a summer home, or are visiting temporarily, chances are you love the smell of caramel corn in the air and cold bites of soft serve. Well, unfortunately, some of these seasonal bites will be paused until next summer. So, what does that mean? You better stock up on your favorites while you can! Here’s a list of must-visit spots and menu items in which to indulge to hold you over until next summer (or your next visit to OC):
- Butter cake at Ward’s
- Sticky buns at Mallon’s
- Freshly-baked donuts at Cathy’s 14th Street Bakery
- Caramel corn at Johnson’s Popcorn
- Freshly-made chocolates at Rauhauser’s
- Salt water taffy at Shriver’s
- Pizza slices at Prep’s Pizza and Dairy Bar
- Acai bowls at Playa Bowls
- Hawaiian chicken at Hula Restaurant
Whatever you choose to do this holiday weekend, may it be filled with family, friends, and fun!