Some exciting restaurant news was just recently announced: Pork Island BBQ will be opening up a brick-and-mortar location in Ocean City this spring!
The new spot will be located at a prime location on the corner of 34th Street and Asbury Avenue and the owners are hoping for a soft opening in March 2020 and a grand opening in April 2020.
Some of you may already be familiar with this Best of the Press award winner as this South Jersey catering company has been impressing the barbecue-loving crowd for quite a few years now. Pork Island BBQ has appeared at many events including food festivals, breweries, fundraising events, and even backyard BBQ parties.
So, what can we expect to enjoy once the Ocean City location opens this spring? Plenty of delicious barbecue menu offerings and more! Here are some of the items the Pork Island BBQ team will be serving up:
- Waffles and smoked sausage gravy
- Pork Island Eggs Benedict, waffle rounds topped with their own smoked corned beef hash or pulled pork, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce
- Breakfast sandwiches topped with their specialty smoked meats
- Smoked barbecue items, including pulled pork, pulled chicken, pork ribs, brisket, and corned beef brisket
- Six-ounce ground beef burgers
- Smoked and grilled Italian sausage, peppers, and onions
- Specialty pulled pork sandwiches, including The Porkster, which is a tempting pulled pork sandwich with pork roll, cheese, coleslaw, and barbecue sauce, and The JC Pig Daddy, featuring pulled pork, pork roll, cheese, bacon, coleslaw, and barbecue sauce
- Sensational sides, such as their homemade three-cheese mac n’ cheese, Pork Island potato salad with chopped bacon and dill, custom barbecue sauces, and more
In addition to welcoming patrons into their restaurant location to dine, Pork Island BBQ will still offer its off-site catering menu for parties and events.
Keep checking back for updates as to the soft opening and grand opening dates in the next few months and be sure to check out Pork Island BBQ’s Facebook page to see what is headed your way this spring in Ocean City!
Photos: Pork Island BBQ