With 2019 coming to a close and 2020 on the horizon, it’s time to finish the current year on a good note and start the new year out right. With all of the Ocean City festivities taking place on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, this is an easy goal to accomplish! Check out the following happenings taking place in Ocean City on New Year’s Eve as well as on the first day of the new year:
First Night Ocean City on New Year’s Eve
First Night Ocean City provides fun for the entire family from 4 p.m.–midnight at different locations throughout the town. Purchase a button ($20 each) and gain access to an expansive array of exciting events and activities, including the following:
- Ice skating at the Civic Center
- Imagination Movers concert at the Music Pier
- Inflatables at the Civic Center
- Open swim at the Aquatic and Fitness Center
- Open house at the Ocean City Historical Museum
- Mentalist Dan Cain at the Ocean City Senior Center
- The Duprees with the Ocean City POPS at The Tabernacle
- Fireworks at midnight
- And so much more!
There’s still time to purchase your buttons and take part in this festive Ocean City celebration to ring in the new year!
New Year’s Day Fun
Once 2020 hits, the activities roll on in Ocean City. Here’s what’s happening on New Year’s Day:
- 2020 First Day Ocean City Run/Walk
- Beach Polar Plunge on the beach next to the Music Pier at 2 p.m. (free but participants must sign a waiver at the Music Pier before participating)
Plus, you can do some shopping and dining at the open shops and restaurants throughout town during this time. Some are closed for the season and the holiday, but here are some of the spots that will be open for this popular time period:
May you have an exciting New Year’s Eve and Happy New Year to you all!