It’s April 1 and with the current coronavirus pandemic still firmly in place, you may be wondering what the latest information is regarding what’s open and what’s happening in Ocean City. Many of the local restaurants are still offering takeout and delivery services while some of the shops on the island have their online shopping sites in full swing. And other stores are helping you plan ahead for Easter with their takeout Easter-themed items, such as The Beachin’ Bakery who will be offering Easter cookies (and who made this extremely cool cake for my daughter’s birthday this past summer)!
There are many ways to continue to support local businesses while keeping social distancing and flattening the curve in mind. You can order takeout and delivery items, purchase gift cards to be used at a later time, or buy online from their virtual stores. Here are some of the shops and restaurants you can support in Ocean City along with what they’re currently offering:
- Beachin’ Bakery: Will soon be taking orders for Easter cookies. Check out their IG page for details (@thebeachinbakery) and their website, too.
- Sack ‘O Subs: Open for takeout/delivery.
- Barefoot Market: Open for takeout/delivery.
- Mallon’s: Open for curbside pickup on Easter weekend.
- Randazzo’s: Open for takeout/free delivery.
- Rauhauser’s: Open for curbside pickup/delivery.
- Dot’s Pastry Shop: Place orders this Friday by phone, 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., pay over the phone by credit card, and then pick up your order on Saturday or Sunday, 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sandwich Bar: The Sandwich Bar will be open for takeout on Saturday, April 11. Call ahead and place your order/pay for your order by April 9. Find all of the details on their IG page (@sandwichbarocnj).
- Hobby Horse Ice Cream: For every $50 worth of gift certificates you purchase, you’ll receive a $10 gift certificate for free!
- Henry’s: Shop online at Henry’s and have the items shipped directly to your door.
- Leiki Boardshorts: Shop all of your favorite Leiki Boardshorts gear online.
- Grassroots Music Store: Because we all need music at a time like this, it’s good to know that Grassroots Music Store offers online shopping and shipping to your door.
- The Road: Open for curbside pickup/delivery.
- Bohemian Mama: Shop online at Bohemian Mama. You can grab a 25% off discount for a few days in the beginning of this month plus help to support CASA all throughout April. More details can be found in the recent article on OCNJHappenings.com.
These are just a few of the local businesses that you can lend your support to during these concerning times (and any time after as well).
Stay positive, stay healthy, and be well!