As we head into Memorial Day weekend, it’s fair to say that this year’s festivities will be a little bit different from past years. But, there are still plenty of ways to enjoy the weekend, albeit with a few changes in place. From takeout dining options to curbside pickup at your favorite Ocean City businesses, here are some must-visit spots to put on your list this Memorial Day weekend:
From pizza slices to dinner entrees to sweet treats, you’ll find a lot of options to choose from when you order takeout from the following Ocean City eateries:
- Bob’s Grill: Offering takeout menu items, hot donuts, and bike and surrey rentals
- Roma Pizza: $3.99 special includes one plain pizza slice and small fountain drink (toppings extra); $5 off any pizza pie; other menu items available for takeout
- OC Surf Cafe: Open for takeout, Friday-Monday, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Sack O’ Subs: Open for takeout and offering regular menu plus daily specials
- Randazzo’s: Offering takeout/free delivery; Try their delicious garlic knots this weekend!
- Jon and Patty’s: Open for takeout and delivery; Try their new online ordering system for easy ordering; Open daily, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Donny’s Family Kitchen: Open for takeout, lunch and dinner, 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Kessel’s Korner: Open for takeout; Get a delicious milkshake and sandwich to-go!
- Spadafora’s: Open 11:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.; You can order online for takeout, request delivery, or visit the store for curbside pickup and in-store retail purchases (for in-store purchases, there will be a one-in, one-out system in place for proper social distancing); Be sure to try their lobster mac and steamer pots!
- Yoasis: Open at 9 a.m. daily for healthy and delicious treats
- The Hula Restaurant: Open and offering regular menu items plus tons of great specials, such as the Alaskan snow crab and Thai BBQ scallops options
- Topsail Steamer: Order a seafood steamer pot to cook up and enjoy at home
- Cathy’s 14th Street Bakery: Cathy’s 14th Street Bakery is open and ready to serve up fabulous donuts and sweet treats this Memorial Day weekend
- Dot’s Pastry Shop: Dot’s is open every day at 7 a.m. Order the day prior for curbside pickup or visit the store for your favorites each day (three people in the store at a time)
- Pork Island Grill: Who’s craving barbecue this Memorial Day weekend? If so, visit Pork Island Grill and order all of your favorite culinary dishes for takeout
- Ward’s Pastry: From butter cake to creative cookies, Ward’s Pastry has your sweet treat needs covered this weekend
- Mallon’s: Known for their famous sticky buns, you know where to go when you want sweet and delicious sticky buns in Ocean City
Shopping with Curbside Pickup
Local shops on the boardwalk and Asbury Avenue are offering curbside pickup for all your Memorial Day weekend shopping needs. Here are some stores that are ready, willing, and able to answer the call this weekend:
- Peace of Wood: Peace of Wood will be open this weekend for curbside pickup, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily. They’re also offering a new, extremely cool item which the whole family is sure to love: Paint Jams to Go! $15 per kit provides you with everything you need to make some creative masterpieces in the comfort of your own home. Shop online and curbside pickup the same day.
- B&B: Offering curbside pickup for all your clothing and home decor needs
- 7th Street Surf Shop: Offering curbside pickup and FaceTime shopping appointments
- Ocean Treasures: Open Memorial Day weekend for curbside shopping on the boardwalk
- Hearth and Sole: Hearth and Sole has everything you need to make your MDW festivities complete! All items are available for curbside pickup. Call the store for an appointment to shop.
- SunSmiles Sandals and Beachwear: Get ready for summer by ordering a new swimsuit and sandals from SunSmiles. Curbside pickup is available throughout the weekend
Now that you have some restaurants and shops to visit this Memorial Day weekend, here are a few additional bits of information to know:
- All amusements and arcades are still closed.
- Dine-in options still unavailable.
- Beach tags are now on sale online and in person at the following locations: City Hall, Music Pier box office window, Route 52 Causeway Welcome Center, Henry Knight Building, and 34th Street Information Center.
- Beach tags required for beachgoers ages 12+, June 6-Sept. 7, 2020.
Most importantly, as we head into Memorial Day weekend, it’s important to remember what this weekend is truly about and that’s remembering our military members who lost their lives fighting for this country. Thank you for your service and making the ultimate sacrifice while serving.