There may be quite a few Ocean City events that had to be canceled this holiday season due to the current health crisis but rest assured that Earlier Than the Bird isn’t one of them!
Wake up early on Saturday, November 21, grab your first cup of coffee, and then head out the door for some spectacular shopping at the businesses around Ocean City. Best of all, you can do it all in your pajamas, if you like, and could even win a prize for doing so (in addition to just being extremely comfortable!). The shoppers selected as the best dressed will win a free turkey!
Earlier Than the Bird takes place 8 a.m.-noon mainly between 6th and 11th Streets along Asbury Avenue. Many shops and restaurants around town are offering special shopping deals, giveaways, and more. Here are some deals you should be on the lookout for as you walk around town:
- Free coffee at Jon & Patty’s
- Free coffee at Ocean City Coffee Company
- Free standard donut at Drip N’ Scoop
- 15% off items in the Golden Buddha Yoga boutique (9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday)
- Free Beach Happy notebook with every $50 purchase at Hearth and Sole
- 50% off original priced items all day; free pair of socks with every $30 or more purchase; free homemade cookies (while they last) at Making Waves
- And so much more!
And after you’ve completed your shopping spree for the day, reward your efforts by having lunch at one of the downtown restaurants or hop on a free horse and carriage ride taking place noon-3 p.m. in front of City Hall.
It’s always important to support local businesses and small business owners, but now more so than ever! When you shop local, you’ll be able to find extraordinary gifts but also help support local business owners and the stores that make this town so great.