The Fourth of July celebration is not limited to just one day in Ocean City. The entire week is filled with exciting events, family-friendly activities, and patriotic happenings.
Ready to start planning for the Fourth of July festivities which will unfold this week? Here are some options to get you started:
Sunday, June 30
- Ocean City Nor’easters Game: You don’t have to wait until the first day of July to start the Fourth of July week celebration. Head to Carey Stadium, a.k.a., The Beach House, and watch the Ocean City Nor’easters take on Cedar Stars Academy. The game starts at 7 p.m. and provides a great evening event for all ages.
Monday, July 1
- Beach Exercise: Start your Fourth of July week off right with a free beach exercise session hosted by the Ocean City Aquatic and Fitness Center. This fun and healthy event takes place on the 6th Street beach from 8–9 a.m. Bring a towel and your friends! And, if you miss the Monday event and are craving some exercise later in the week, the free event will also be offered on Wednesday and Friday.
- Sunset Paint and Paddle Event: Combine a multitude of relaxing events, including sunset views, paddleboarding, and painting, into one fun evening with the Sunset Paint and Paddle Event. Hosted by the Ocean City Paddle Company and Peace of Wood, participants will enjoy paddleboarding on the bay and then a painting session of the beautiful views as the sun sets. Contact the Ocean City Paddle Company at (609) 938-0117 for more information.
Tuesday, July 2
- Funtastic Tuesdays: Bring the family down to Asbury Avenue on Tuesday for the city-hosted Funtastic Tuesdays event. The fun unfolds from 10 a.m.–1 p.m. between 6th and 14th Streets on Asbury Avenue and includes live entertainment, face painting, balloon sculptors, and more!
- Fun Runs: Get your exercise and have fun doing so on Tuesday, July 2, with the fun run events, including short runs and kids distances, at Carey Stadium. The all-ages event takes place from 6–7 p.m. and is free to attend.
- Mummers Night: Get your Mummers strut on when the Mummers Night event unfolds on the Ocean City boardwalk from 7–9 p.m. Colorful costumes, lively music, and an evening of exciting entertainment awaits you on Mummers Night.
Wednesday, July 3
- Ocean City Farmers Market: Stock up on all of your Fourth of July party and barbecue essentials at the Ocean City Farmers Market. Fresh produce, hot sauce, pickles and olives, baked goods, flowers, handmade items, and other wonderful offerings are up for grabs at the Ocean City Farmers Market, which takes place from 8 a.m.–1 p.m. on the Ocean City Tabernacle grounds at 5th Street and Asbury Avenue.
- Wacky Wednesday – Pie Eating Contest: Get wacky this Wednesday by taking part in a cherry and apple pie eating contest at the Ocean City Music Pier. The event starts at 10:30 a.m., but be sure to get there early if you want to participate as this popular all-ages event is limited to 150 participants. This contest is free to participate in, but remember, no hands!
- Ocean City POPs Opening Night – A Star-Bangled Spectacular: The popular musical organization, the Ocean City POPs, will be holding its opening night performance on Wednesday, July 3 at 7:30 p.m. on the Music Pier. With a theme of “A Star-Spangled Spectacular” you know you’ll be treated to all of your favorite patriotic tunes. Tickets can be purchased at the Music Pier box office or online.
Thursday, July 4
- Bike Parades: Decorate your bikes in festive ribbons, streamers, and patriotic banners, and join in one of two bike parades being held in Ocean City on the Fourth of July. One bike parade will be held in the Gardens section of Ocean City on the north end of the island and registration begins at 9 a.m. in the Longport Bridge parking lot. The event takes place from 10–11 a.m. For those on the south end of the island, there will be a bike parade starting at 40th Street and Asbury Avenue. Registration starts at 9 a.m. and the parade runs from 10–11 a.m.
- Fourth of July Celebration: The Fourth of July evening festivities will begin at 7 p.m. with a kite flying competition on the beach next to the Music Pier. This contest will be followed by live entertainment. And, for the grand finale of the Fourth of July evening, an extraordinary fireworks display will light the sky beginning at 9 p.m.
Friday, July 5
- Children’s Theatre Series: Schoolhouse Rock Live!: Bring the kids to see the Schoolhouse Rock Live! show at the Ocean City Music Pier on July 5, starting at 10:30 a.m. Tickets can be purchased at the Ocean City Music Pier box office or online.
Wishing you all a safe and exciting Fourth of July!