Whether you’re planning a quiet Fourth of July celebration with the family or an all-out bash in Ocean City on July 4, OCNJ Happenings has you covered with where to find your favorite holiday food, beverages, and festive decorations!
Feeding the Fourth of July Crowd
Let’s face it, food is an extremely important part of any holiday gathering. So, if you’re seeking out some options regarding your upcoming Fourth of July picnic, barbecue, or party in Ocean City, here are a few spots to find your favorite culinary bites and decor items:
- Morning light bites and dessert: It’s never too early to start the celebration on the Fourth of July and you’re also going to need some sweet and delicious treats for your holiday party! Visit Drip N’ Scoop, Ward’s Pastry, Bob’s Grill, and Mallon’s for all of your morning culinary delicacies, such as donuts, butter cake, and sticky buns, as well as desserts for the party, including cupcakes, cookies, and other tempting treats.
- Sandwich platters: Sandwich platters are a great way to feed the hungry Fourth of July crowd. Two spots where you can order large, delicious sandwich platters include Blitz’s Market and Boyar’s Market. You’ll also find all of your favorite chips and side dishes at these shops.
- Bread offerings and ready-to-serve entrees: Take care of two culinary necessities at one shop when you purchase all of your freshly-baked bread and ready-to-serve Italian delicacies at Bennie’s Bread.
- Candy treats: If you find yourself on Asbury Avenue and have a craving for sweet candy treats, then Rauhauser’s is the spot to visit. For boardwalk shopping, your options are wide and varied. Some of the spots where you can buy your favorite candies, fudge, salt water taffy, and more include Shriver’s, JiLLy’s Candy Factory, George’s Candies, and other boardwalk-based candy shops.
- Grilling meats: Boyar’s Market is a great spot to buy a wide array of poultry and meats for your Fourth of July cookout. All you need is a grill and you’re all set!
Beverage Options Galore
With all of the food options listed above, you’re going to need some beverages to accompany your upcoming feast. For the adult beverage crowd, you’ll have to head over the bridge, but don’t worry, as you can make the trek over 9th Street bridge to Circle Liquor Store or 34th Street bridge to Boulevard Super Liquors to grab all of your beer, wine, cider, and liquor items.
Decorate Your Home and Yard in Patriotic Decor
When you’re throwing a holiday party, you want to make it look like as festive as can be. Head over to Hoy’s 5 & 10 at 732 Asbury Avenue or 34th Street and West Avenue for a wide array of Fourth of July decor items and party supplies, including cups, plates, utensils, napkins, and other must-have items.