Starting today, Ocean City will be welcoming in the Saturday-to-Saturday crowd for full weekly rentals. Although rentals less than 30 days were allowed to begin starting June 1, many weekly rentals operate on a Saturday-to-Saturday basis, so today will be the first group of Ocean City weekly vacationers.
Since there are still some restrictions in place for Ocean City residents and visitors, the following provides some information on what’s currently happening in Ocean City:
Many Ocean City-bound vacationers can’t wait to head down the shore for a taste of South Jersey dining offerings. From funnel cake to fresh seafood entrees, Ocean City restaurants and food vendors help to satisfy all the culinary cravings for residents and visitors alike.
Here are some of the guidelines currently in place for Ocean City dining:
- Takeout/delivery available from restaurants and boardwalk vendors that offer it.
- Outdoor dining allowed at restaurants beginning June 15.
- All restaurants are allowed to be open during normal business hours.
- No dine-in services are available yet.
Face masks are required when entering an establishment to pick up your food order. All individuals are encouraged to practice social distancing. In addition, each restaurant and food vendor may have their own restrictions in place.
Governor Murphy recently gave the green light for certain “non-essential businesses” to open their doors for curbside pickup, which includes retail stores. In response, many Ocean City retail shops are offering this option which provides a way for individuals to get the items they want while supporting local businesses at the same time. The statewide opening plan goes further to note the date of June 15 for retail stores to start allowing limited in-person shopping.
If you’re wondering what recreational activities are allowed in Ocean City at this time, here’s the current list:
- The beach is open for sunbathing, swimming, recreation, and fishing. Lifeguards are on duty. Beach tags are required and available to purchase at multiple locations. Discounted seasonal beach tags are on sale for $20 until June 30. Weekly and daily tags are also available.
- The boardwalk is open for biking, walking, and exercise. Social distancing is required and masks are optional. However, many boardwalk vendors require masks when approaching their storefronts, so be sure to have your mask handy so you can indulge in boardwalk culinary treats and “curbside” shopping.
- Amusement centers remain closed.
- The Ocean City Municipal Golf Course is open with some restrictions in place.
- The Ocean City Skate Park is open with restrictions.
- The Ocean City Aquatic and Fitness Center remains closed.
- Recreational fields are open, as are tennis and pickleball courts.
- Fishing boat charters are available.
As you get ready for your Ocean City vacation, remember that the refreshing ocean air is always there to greet you. There may be some restrictions in place that make your vacation a little bit different than past years, but the beautiful Ocean City memories you’ll make with your family will still be as abundant as ever.
While on vacation, be sure to enjoy the takeout/delivery dining and curbside pickup options from local restaurants and stores. Not only will you be getting exceptional food items and products, but you’ll be supporting these local businesses that look forward to your return each and every year!