Whether vacationing in Ocean City or shopping and dining here in your hometown, saving money is an ideal goal which most of us strive to achieve. With so many stellar dining and shopping options available in Ocean City, you may find that your credit cards get a good workout. The good news is that there are many ways to save money shopping and dining around town with limited-time specials and ongoing deals offered by the establishments. The following highlights some of the deals going on now and where to find them:
Many Ocean City restaurants will offer dining specials throughout the summer and the off-season as well. From early bird specials to breakfast deals, you’ll find plenty of ways to save money and enjoy dining out at the same time.
Here are a few examples of the current dining deals in Ocean City:
- Ocean City Cafe: Early bird breakfast specials are served from 7–10 a.m. daily and include delicious items such as the short stack of pancakes ($3.99); bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on toast ($4.99); creamed chipped beef on toast with home fries ($4.99); and, two eggs, any style, with home fries and toast ($4.99), to name a few options.
- Emily’s Ocean Room: Emily’s Ocean Room, located in the beautiful and historic Flanders Hotel, hosts its Family Night every Wednesday evening through the end of August, where kids eat for free.
- Island Grill: Early bird dinner specials at the Island Grill are available for $15.99 each and include delicious options such as bourbon chicken, parmesan tilapia, scampi mussels over linguini and more. Each entree is accompanied by a garden salad or cup of New England clam chowder and a chef’s choice of dessert.
- 16th Street Seafood: 16th Street Seafood offers special deals in various coupon books available throughout the island as well as specials listed on its social media pages.
For those seeking out excellent shopping deals and savings, the end of August is a great time to find those money-saving options. Some of the current deals happening now include the following:
- Henry’s: Henry’s is known for its exquisite jewelry offerings and lovely Ocean City clothing items. The boardwalk boutique is currently having a flash sale on its sterling silver sand dollar pendant with a sterling silver adjustable chain for $24.99.
- Harbor Outfitters: Harbor Outfitters is currently offering $200 off all inflatable stand up paddleboards.
- SunSmiles Sandals & Beachwear: SunSmiles is currently holding their end-of-summer sale and offering 40% off the purchase of swimwear, cover-ups, resort wear, and accessories.
- Ta-Dah: Ta-Dah offers five different locations in Ocean City from which to find specials and deals. Plus, the jewelry items at Ta-Dah are so reasonably priced that you’ll think they’re already on sale, even if they aren’t.
Use Local Coupon Books to Your Advantage
When you walk into the local Wawa or are dining at an Ocean City restaurant, you are bound to come across free Ocean City coupon books and newspapers. When you look through these items, you will find so many excellent coupons and deal offerings to use at local restaurants, shops, and entertainment locations. From percentage-off coupons at Ocean City restaurants to deals on mini-golf, you can save a lot of money just by flipping through these free booklets, newspapers, and magazines.
Grab Extra Deals by Following Restaurants and Stores on Social Media
Deals can also be scored by following your favorite Ocean City spot on social media. Frequently, local restaurants and shops will offer special deals via social media which are only available to followers and individuals who happen to come across the Facebook and Instagram pages of these local businesses. Plus, you may just find out about a special deal you never even knew existed by coming across it on social media.
Saving money and still enjoying all that Ocean City has to offer is easy to do and will have you smiling as you indulge in your next meal, embark on your next shopping spree or enjoy a night out with the family.